The distinguishing feature of the phased array ultrasonic testing is the computer controlled excitation of the individual elements in a multi-elements probe. The excitation of these multiple piezo composite elements generates a focused ultrasonic beam, allowing the dynamic modification of the beam parameters such as angle, focal distance and focal spot size through software.
An array of transducer elements in which the timing of the elements excitation can be individually controlled to produce certain desired effects, such as steering the beam axis or focusing the beam.
• Multiple angle scan possible
• Simple Interpretation
• More Production rate
• Data storage
• Setup time between inspections decreased
• 100% volume inspection in single Scan
• Better sizing of Defects
• Inspection of girth welds of Pressure vessels
• Corrosion Mapping
• Laminations checking
• Tube and pipe weld inspections
• Inspection of Tee-joints
• Dissimilar weld inspection
• Nozzle Testing